Healthy Snack Recipes
The snack aisle is loaded with all sorts of snacks, but how many of them are healthy and nutritious? Sure, some of them might taste good but so many of them are loaded with junk.
Keep reading if you want to learn how to make some incredible snacks that taste amazing and are insanely nutritious. These snack recipes won’t give you that guilty feeling when you indulge.
Crispy - Baked Kale Chips
It only takes 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook. That means, in 20 minutes you can enjoy healthy chips. This recipe serves six but you might want more once you taste them.
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Kale
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil (any healthy oil will work, avocado oil and hemp are delicious)
- 1 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt or Seasoned Salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Line a non-insulated baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove the thick stems from the leaves and tear the leaves into small chip sized bites
- Wash the kale and pat dry or use a salad spinner
- Line the tray with the kale
- Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the salt evenly
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are brown
Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods that has been found on this planet. There are so many health benefits found in these rich green leaves you’ll have to read it for yourself.
Everything Bagel Sweet Potato Crisps
These crispy baked crisps are a little bit of everything. Savory and sweet at the same time! This precious root is full of vitamins and minerals. They’re rich in antioxidants and high in fiber.
Just check out these benefits! The recipe is simple to make and easy to enjoy. You’ll get about 2 or 3 servings out of this recipe but you might want more!
- 1 Pound of Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper
- Scrub the potatoes and use a mandolin slicer to slice them ⅛” thick
- Lay slices on the tray drizzle the oil over the potatoes
- Sprinkle half of the seasoning to the potatoes
- Bake for 10 minutes - flip potatoes - and sprinkle remaining seasoning
- Bake another 10 minutes or until crispy
These everything bagel potato crisps are great all on their own or you can enjoy them with a cream cheese dip!
Crispy Avocado Fries (Baked)
These avocado fries have an amazing texture and flavor! You’ll get 2 or 3 servings worth with the recipe below.
Studies show that an avocado a day is beneficial to heart health and that’s only one aspect, there are many more!
- 4 Small or 2 Large Avocados
- ¼ Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Milk (Non-dairy subs work too)
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs (whatever you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 420℉
- Lightly grease baking tray
- In a small bowl mix together the garlic powder and almond flour
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl for dipping
- Peel - pit - slice avocado
- Coat each slice in the flour mix
- Dip into the milk
- Sprinkle on the breadcrumbs, press them in so that they stick
- Line your baking tray and bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until they turn golden brown
You won’t need any dipping sauce because they’re delicious all on their own but if you want to dip them find a sauce you like and enjoy. You can also sprinkle them with a little kosher salt as soon as they come out of the oven for a little extra flavor.
If you’re tired of popcorn, which is a healthy snack, try this recipe for puffed amaranth. It makes a nice alternative and tastes good too!
All you need is a ½ a cup of amaranth seeds and a tall pot without a lid. The pot has to be preheated in order to properly pop the amaranth. Preheat the pot over medium-high heat for a few minutes. To avoid wasting a batch, toss a couple of seeds in and if they pop right away you’re ready to go, if not give it a couple of more minutes.
Once the pot is hot enough toss in the seeds. As soon as they begin poppin shake the pot around a little so they cook evenly. When they’re done, remove them from the heat and toss them into a sieve to get any unpopped kernels out. You can toss the unpopped seeds back into the pot!
These snacks are all delicious and bring health benefits to the table.