A ketogenic or keto diet is a low-carb, high fat diet that has many incredible health benefits to offer. This diet requires you to dramatically reduce the amount of carbohydrates consumed and replace them with fats. This causes your body to go into a metabolic state of ketosis.
Believe it or not, this causes your body to become extremely efficient at burning fat to create energy. The keto diet can help you lose weight. It also helps with heart disease, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, Parkinson’s, and several other health issues.
We know what you’re thinking, but don’t worry, there is no bread. The sausage patties will be your bun!
- 2 Sausage Patties (Turkey Sausage Works Well)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Shredded Cheese
- ¼ of a Medium Avocado
- ¼ Teaspoon Sriracha
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- In a skillet cook the sausage patties according to instructions
- Using a double boiler, melt the cream cheese and shredded cheese (you can use a microwave but ugh, they’re not healthy for you)
- Add the sriracha to the cheese blend and set aside
- Whisk the egg and seasoning to make an omelette
- Add the cheese blend to the omelette and cook
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy
- 1 - 10 Ounce Package of Riced Cauliflower
- 19.5 Ounces Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1 Cup of Pizza Sauce
- 1 Ounce Pepperoni
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Parmesan (for sprinkling on top)
- In a large skillet brown the sausage, make sure to crumble it as it cooks
- Add the riced cauliflower until it is the tenderness you prefer
- Stir in the pizza sauce, layer the cheese, and pepperoni (cover skillet to melt cheese
- Once it’s ready sprinkle the parmesan and serve
Chicken Pot Pie
Homemade chicken pot pie is a comfort food for so many people. Being on a keto diet can be hard when it comes to food like this but this incredible recipe was created with the keto diet in mind. It does contain a very low amount of carbs but it is such a small amount that it should be perfectly fine.
I’ll break down the ingredients but for the full recipe, including instructions you can check out the link.
- Almond Flour
- Unsalted Butter
- Himilayin Sea Salt
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Unsalted Butter
- Diced Celery
- Diced Onion
- Chicken Broth
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Garlic Powder
- Poultry Seasoning
- Himilayin Salt
- Frozen Peas
- Frozen Carrots
Once you try this recipe we think you’ll love it!
The keto diet can be difficult for those of us who love carbs. There are so many incredible recipes and substitutes that once you work yourself past the cravings you’re on your way to a better and healthier you!