The infamous hourglass figure has been sought out by many for hundreds of years. If your hips and bust are close to equal size, your waist is narrower than both; you’re blessed with the hourglass.
Before we move on to the techniques you can use to achieve an hourglass figure; there’s something everyone should keep in mind. Genes play a huge role in our body fat distribution. Our natural body shape is mainly passed down through genetics; however, there are ways to help you achieve that hourglass you want.
- Nutritional Foundations Supporting Weight Loss: Don’t think of it as a diet. It’s more about being selective with your food choices in order to support weight loss and maintenance. If you’re trying to tone up your muscles, it will be essential to include foods that help build lean muscle into your regular diet.
- HIITs: High-Intensity Interval Training which sounds intimidating to some people. HIIT is a combination of interval training. High-intensity bursts of exercises followed by rest or lower-intensity exercises. An example would be 30 seconds of running followed by 1-minute of jogging. It’s all about increasing your heart rate and strengthening your core. Below are several good choice exercises.
- Russian Thrusts
- Wood Chops
- Mountain Climbers
- Cable Rotations
- Target Area Workouts: Remember, the three main areas to target when trying to achieve an hourglass figure are the hips, shoulder, chest, and waist.
- Hip Work ~ The glutes and upper thighs are the stars in this area. Exercises focus on compound movements such as:
- Donkey Kicks
- Fire Hydrants
- Glute Bridges
- Side Lunges
- Shoulder & Chest ~ These exercises involve the chest and shoulder muscles. Remember, the shoulder region and hips should be close to equal in size.
- Dumbbell Bench Press
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises
- Wall Presses
- Use A Waist Trainer: A waist trainer isn’t exactly a corset, but it does work similarly. A corset cinches the waist to force and hold the hourglass shape. The thing is, the form is only temporary. A waist trainer will help shape your waistline while it targets slimming the waistline. Waist trainers promote sweating where they’re worn, the waist. This helps target the loss of excess water weight.
- Avoid Over-Processed Food: Over-processed foods didn’t get the title of “junk food” without reason. They’re full of heavy salt and loaded with hidden sugar. Don’t even get me started on how bad the extra doses of preservatives are. They might be full of flavor due to the flavor enhancers, but they’re also full of everything wrong for you. Consider all the hard work you’re doing to achieve your body goals before diving into those greasy chips.
Regardless of what your better-body goals are, they’re worth working towards. If you’re looking for that hourglass shape, you’ll have to put in the work. Now that you have all of the necessary knowledge on how to acheive an hourglass shape, don’t let anything hold you back! Make sure to set realistic goals that are possible to reach, don’t aim too high or too low otherwise you might set yourself up for failure.