Tips For Staying Motivated While Achieving Your Dream Body
I’m almost certain that we’ve all been there and done that when it comes to losing motivation while trying to achieve just about any goal. When trying to achieve the body of your dreams it can be easy to lose sight of your goals. Sometimes we don’t see the results we want to soon enough and it can make us want to give up. Other times we simply lack the motivation to keep on keeping on! It is normal and at some point and time in life, I think we all go through it so know that you’re not alone. Today we want to share some tips for helping you help yourself stay motivated while working towards the body of your dreams.
- “Slow & Steady Wins The Race”: Sometimes the messages given to us through children’s books are some of the best. You never think when you’re little that something like the tortoise and the hare is going to be something you can relate to as an adult. It works when it comes to many things but it fits well for situations like exercising and working out. When we first get into the swing of things we sometimes feel so motivated and strongly about obtaining our goals that we start out too fast and too hard. When it comes to working out or achieving our goals, whatever they may be, it’s wise to pace ourselves because what usually happens is we wear down rather quickly and then we lose motivation or we’re too sore or too tired to go at it for the next round. Pacing yourself will help you stay motivated and healthy.
- Set Attainable Goals For Yourself: Make sure when you’re setting your goals for yourself that you are creating attainable goals that are possible to achieve. You don’t want to set your goals too high up or you’ll never reach them which results in losing the motivation to continue. It’s always good to aim high but don’t set your goals too far out of reach. For instance, some people set weight-loss goals and they begin with something like trying to lose 100 pounds in a month. That’s too high of a goal to aim for and it’s also unhealthy to try and lose such a drastic amount of weight at one time. Keep it reasonable and attainable.
- Invest In Some New Gear: Even if it’s just a waist trainer, putting a little money into some new gear can help you stay motivated into keeping up the good work. After all, nobody likes to feel like they’re wasting their money or their time. It might be best to wait to make your purchase until you start losing some motivation because if you get it right from the start the motivation could still blow right out the window. Once you start losing your motivation check out some of our gear, find something you like, and get it. We bet you’ll feel like getting back into the swing of things.
- Visualization: Visualization works for many things including better-body goals. Visualize your body as you’d like to see it. This will help you get mentally prepared and it also encourages you to stay motivated to do what you have to do in order to see the best you inside your mind and in real life as well. Visualize what you want to achieve, how to achieve it, and what you have to do to reach the goals you set for yourself.
- Be Your Own Person: Following the lead of others can be a really good thing but sometimes when it comes to our body, it's better to do it your own way. Some people can lose weight really easily and you don’t want to try and set the same time goals as that person if by chance you don’t lose it as fast. You can take two different people with completely different bodies dealing with the same type of acne, both of them can use the same acne skin cream in the same way for the same amount of time and one of them might have better-looking skin than the other in less time. You have to be your own person and pave the best way for you.
Always keep the bigger picture in your mind. It can be difficult sometimes and we can lose sight of what we’re trying to do when our motivation evades us. Do the best you can every chance you can and always remind yourself that you can do it if you try. Netflix and chill are easy but sometimes we have to put down the remote and do what we have to do and then chill. Be the best you that you can be and you’ll be on the road to achieving your dream body in your own way in your own time!