Hummus has gained a lot of popularity throughout the years. It is delicious with veggies, crackers, or tortilla chips. You can put it in wraps, on sandwiches, and so much more. Hummus is known to fight inflammation, improves digestive health, and is beneficial for controlling blood sugar control.
You can buy hummus premade or you can make your own using the recipe below. You will need a food processor.
- 1 - 15 Ounce Can of Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ Cup Tahini (stirred well)
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice (fresh is best)
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons Water
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Dash of Paprika
- Add the tahini and lemon juice into the food processor and process for about a minute. Stop and scrape the sides and bottom to mix it up and then process for another 30-seconds
- Now add the olive oil, garlic, cumin, and salt to the tahini mix and process for 30-seconds, stop to scrape the sides and bottom, then process for another 30-seconds.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the processor and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides, and add the remaining chickpeas. Process for about 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. If the hummus isn’t smooth enough add the water and process for another minute.
Something about hummus is if you peel the skins off of the chickpeas the hummus will be smoother and creamier. Without peeling the skins off (which is easy to do) the hummus isn’t as smooth.
Pick your favorite dipping vegetables and enjoy a healthy lunch!
A healthy lunch really goes a long way. Highly processed foods can cause a person to feel tired and sluggish which is the worst thing to do to yourself in the middle of the day. Giving yourself plenty of nutrients and energy-filled foods will keep you going strong while feeling healthy.